(1) When body is in motion its ____________ always changes.
(c) Position vector
(2) A body is moving with uniform velocity. Its,
(a) speed changes
(b) acceleration changes
(c) direction of motion changes
(d) displacement from origin changes
(3) A man is in a car is moving with velocity of 36Km/hr. his speed with respect to the car is.
(4) When velocity time graph is a straight line parallel to time axis then.
(a) acceleration is const
(b) acceleration is variable
(c) acceleration is zero
(d) velocity is zero
(5) Area under velocity time graph represent.
(6) Slope of velocity time graph is.
(7) Instantaneous and average velocities become equal when body.
(a) has zero acceleration
(b) has uniform acceleration
(c) has variable acceleration
(d) moves in a circle
(8) Which law of motion is also called law of inertia?
(a) 1st law
(b) 2nd law
(c) 3rd law
(d) 4th law
(8) Inertia of an object is quantitative measure of its.
(9) Newton’s laws do not hold good for particles.
(a) at rest
(b) moving slowly
(c) high velocity
(d) move with velocity comparable to velocity of light
(10) 1st law of motion gives the definition of.
(11) 2nd law of motion gives the definition of.
(d) both force and acceleration
(12) 3rd law of motion explains.
(a) effect of force
(b) existence of a force
(c) existence of two forces
(d) existences of pair of forces in nature
(13) Momentum depends upon.
(a) fore act on the body
(b) mass of the body
(c) velocity of the body
(d) both mass and velocity of the body
(14) The dimension of force is.
(15) Which of the following pair has same direction always?
(a) force, displacement
(b) force, velocity
(c) force, acceleration
(d) force, momentum
(16) Motorcycle safety helmet extend the time of collision hence decreasing the.
(a) chance of collision
(b) force acting
(17) The collision between two bodies be elastic if bodies are.
(a) solid and soft
(b) soft and elastic
(c) solid and hard
(d) hard and elastic
(18) During long jump, athlete runs before taking the jump. By doing so he.
(a) provide him a larger inertia
(b) decrease his inertia
(c) decrease his momentum
(d) increase his momentum
(19) When car takes turn around a curve road, the passengers feel a force acting on them in a direction away from the center of the curve. It is due to.
(a) centripetal force
(b) gravitational force
(c) their inertia
(d) centrifugal force
(20) A body is falling freely under gravity. How much distance it falls during an interval of time between 1st and 2nd seconds of its motion, taking g = 10?
(a) 14 m
(b) 20 m
(c) 5 m
(d) 25 m
(21) What is the shape of velocity time graph for constant acceleration?
(a) straight line
(c) inclined curve
(d) declined curve
(22) When collision between the bodies in a system is inelastic in nature then for system.
(a) momentum changes but K.E remain conserve
(b) K.E changes but momentum remain conserve
(c) Both momentum and K.E changes
(d) Both momentum and K.E remain conserve
(23) Which shows the correct relation between time of flight T and maximum
(a) H = gT2 / 8
(b) H = 8T2 / g
(c) H = 8g/T2
(d) H = 8/gT2
(24) The acceleration in the rocket all any instant is proportional to the nth power of the velocity of the expelled gases. Where the value of n must be ?
(25) Taking off rocket can be explained by.
(a) 1st law of motion
(b) 2nd law of motion
(c) law of conservation of momentum
(d) law of conservation of energy
(26) Which of the following is not an example of projectile motion.
(a) A gas filled balloon
(b) Bullet fired from gun
(c) A football kicked
(d) A base ball shot
(27) What is the angle of projection for which the range and maximum height become equal?
(a) Tan-1 1/4
(b) Tan-1 4
(c) Tan-1 1/2
(d) Tan-1 2
(28) The thrust on the rocket in the absence of gravitational force of attraction is.
(b) Not constant
(c) Constant if the rate of ejected gases is constant
(d) Constant for short range rocket
(29) When two bodies move toward each other with constant speeds the distance between them deceases at the rate of 6m/sec. if they move in the same direction the distance between them increases at the rate of 4m/sec. Then their speeds are.
(a) 5m/s, 1m/s
(b) 3m/s, 3m/s
(c) 6m/s, 1m/s
(d) 4m/s, 2m/s
(30) Distance covered by a freely falling body in 2 seconds will be.
(a) 4.9 m
(31) The distance covered by a body in time ‘t’ starting from rest is.
(32) Flight of a rocket in the space is an example of.
(a) Second law of motion.
(b) Third law of motion
(c) First law of motion
(d) Law of gravitation
(33) The trajectory (or path) of a projectile is.
(a) Straight line
(34) The limit of the average velocity over a path length that approaches zero but always includes the point ‘A’ is defined as
(a) speed at ‘A’
(b) instantaneous velocity at ‘A’
(c) acceleration at ‘A’
(d) average speed at ‘A’.
(35) Uniform acceleration results in a velocity which:
(a) remains constant
(b) varies linearly with time
(d) none of these.
(36) Average velocity, depends on
(a) the path between the positions ..
(b) the average speed and the average direction of the journey
(c) positions and the average speed.
(d) average direction of the journey
(37). The speed of a particle at the end of four successive seconds is 20, 25, 30, 35 km/hr. The acceleration of the particle is
(a) 5 km/sec (b) 5 km/hr2
(c) 5 km/hr (d) 5 km/sec2
(38) A rock is dropped from a high bridge. After 3 seconds of free fall the speed of the rock is:
(a) 30 m/sec (b)29.4 km/sec2
(c) 2940 cm/sec (d) 30 m/sec
(39) A bomb is dropped from an aeroplane moving horizontally with a speed of 200 mph. If the air resistance is negligible, the bomb will reach the ground in 5 sec when the altitude is:
(a) 4 miles (b) 122.5 m
(c) 40 m (d) 10 m
(40) A particle accelerates uniformly from 10 km/hr to 20 km/hr with acceleration of 2 km./hr2. The total time it takes is:
(a) 20 hr (b) 10 hr
(c) 10 min (d) 5 hr.
(41) A football player will throw a football at maximum distance if the angle of projection is:
(a) 300 (b) 450
(c) 600 (d) 900
(42) The horizontal range of a projectile, at a certain place, is completely determined by
(a) the angle of projection
(b) the initial velocity of projection
(c) the mass of the projectile
(d) speed and mass of the projectile
(43) Range of a projectile on a horizontal plane is same for the following pair of angles:
(a) 300 and 600 (b) 200 and 800
(c) 00 and 450 (d) 100 and 900
(44) A cricket ball is hit at 45o to the horizontal with K.E. of E. The K.E. at the highest point is:
(a) zero (b) E/2
(c) (d) E
(45) A man wanting to shoot at a fixed target should aim
(a) directly at the target
(b) slightly higher
(c) slightly lower
(d) slightly sideways
(46) A projectile is fired horizontally off a 490 m high cliff with a muzzle velocity of 80 m/sec. The time taken by the projectile to reach the ground is
(a) 2.5 sec (b) 7.5 sec
(c) 5.0 sec (d) 10 sec
(47) A projectile is fired horizontally off a 490 m high cliff with a muzzle velocity of 80 m/sec. How far from the bottom of the cliff will the projectile land ?
(a) 200 m (b) 400 m
(c) 800 m (d) 1600 m
(48) A missile is fired with a speed of 98 m/sec at 30o with the horizontal. The missile is airborne for
(a) 10 sec (b) 20 sec
(c) 30 sec (d) 40 sec
(49) A missile is fired with 98 m/sec at 30o with the horizontal. It reaches a maximum height of
(a) 196 m (b) 98 m
(c) 122.5 m (d) 2940 m
(50) The range of a projectile is 8000 m and its summit is 3000 m high. How far is the summit from the point of projection?.
(a) 3000 m (b) 8000 m
(c) 5000 m (d) 11000 m