May 05, 2013

Q. The matrices representing the angular momentum components jx jy jz are all hermitian .Show that the Eigen values of j2 is equal TO J2 =JX2 +JY2+JZ2 are REAL AND NON-NEGATIVE.


 Ans. This question is taken from the "Mathematical Methods for Physicist" Problem number 3.5 from chapter no 3

Finding the eigen values for J2=Jx2 + Jy2 + Jz2
Then we get
(Jm |J2|Jm)= (Jm |Jx2|Jm) +(Jm |Jy2|Jm)+ (Jm |Jz2|Jm)
Which can also be written as
|Jx(jm)|2 + |Jy(jm)|2 + |Jz(jm)|2
The above equation shows that the eigen values for J2=Jx2 + Jy2 + Jz2 are real and non negative
 
 for complete understanding download and See Chapter 3 page no. 19

2 comments:

  1. Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for
    a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site thus i got here to go
    back the desire?.I am attempting to in finding issues to improve my
    site!I guess its good enough to use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete